“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean. “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.(NIV)
“Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;(NIV)
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.(NIV)
1 Kings 8:39
then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with each man according to all he does, since you know his heart (for you alone know the hearts of all men),(NIV)
Pastor Stan preaches:
– most people look at the outside of the cup but all Jesus and the most important thing is about the inside of the cup.
– just because the outside of the cup says worlds best dad doesn’t make you the worlds best dad person it only matters about the inside of the cup
– and now we need to see whats in the inside of ourselves and see what we really are
– we all think we now our hearts but do we really now?
– God makes us go through trails hes actually cleaning the inside of our cup